Tuesday 8 May 2007

Ratings

Winker Watson, recently top of the Racing Post 2yo ratings with 92 has slipped to fourth - Major Eazy is joint seventh on 88. Achilles of Troy tops the list with 100. Call me a pedant but I don't like the name - Achilles was Greek and he fought against the Trojans, not with them.

Shawhill has been raised from 67 to 72 for her second at Windsor - she'll probably come out at Windsor again next Monday. Prince Ary heads up to Kelso for the 7.40 tomorrow evening - I won't be going up to support him but he ought to have an excellent chance.

Decent racing at Chester tomorrow, but I can't see anything I want to back. At Beverley some of the shorter priced horses look solid - Market Forces, Fong's Gazelle and Cuppacocoa ought to go well enough - although I'm not a favourite backer on the whole. I may have a bet on Hernando Royal in the 8.50 at Kempton - he's a big, slow maturing type who should be coming into himself around now and the stable is moving along nicely.

4 comments:

HQO said...

Andrew, good posts on Ballanteni and Intiquilla recently, made interesting reading and two good winners. The Simcock one did it well.

Steve and Sue said...

Are you happy with strawhill going up 5lbs? I know she and the winner went away but 5lb seems a little steep to me.
Thanks for the 10-1 Perrett horse, if horses appreciate their surrondings then they should love being trained in Pulborough, great up-hill gallops through sussex countryside.
Steve

TJ said...

Look out for Hannibal of Rome soon ;)

Andrew Black said...

hqo - thanks - I'm showing a bit of form at last. Let's hope I can keep it going.

Steve - 5lb might seem harsh but I think the handicapper adjusts more aggressively in a horses early career. I'm confident Shawhill can go on and progress into the 80s.

TJ - LOL - the permutations are endless