Wednesday 23 May 2007

King's Head gets his ground

King's Head goes today at Huntingdon, and he could be a real value bet. The ground is key for him. Last time he ran the rains came and ruined his chances - he gets another chance today on ground that he will appreciate. The firmer the ground the better his chances - the first races should give an indication.

There are a few this afternoon that may tempt me in. At the short priced end of the scale I like Fitzroy Crossing and Conwyn Bay at Ayr and Scarlett Heart at Lingfield. I may back Miss Wedge at Lingfield - she's clearly able but she doesn't look to be the most genuine and she might be one to trade back in running. The 5:20 at Ayr is a challenging race, and I think there is a lot to like about Apache Nation.

4 comments:

sizz said...

just like to say the comission changes which betfair have just introduced are a disgrace.ive gone from a discount of 45% to 38% and im sure there is a lot worse than me.i think this is way over the top and think you are forgetting how loyal some of your customers are.if it werent for the fact that the other exchanges are rubbish you would lose a lot of custom

Andrew Black said...

Hi sizz,

this is my blog and not a Betfair blog - I don't do BF related chat in here.

I don't agree with you though - the changes are little more than keeping up with inflation. We haven't moved the comm ladder in three years - inflation has had a huge effect in that time on prices in the high street etc.

racing tips said...

I would leave Miss Wedge IMO, the females are too unreliable just like their human counterparts!!

Joe
www.fourthewin.com

Unknown said...

Good articles! I like to read .Thanks for sharing a nice info.I came across your web site and it really is wonderful for my situation. It covers Brilliant and beneficial posts. I read just about all of them and got so much from them.